Tuesday, February 4, 2014

{Be Weak}

We live in an age that fears weakness.

Whether it be our own weakness or that of those around us, we are just so
uncomfortable at the sight of true vulnerability or weakness.

So much so that we often encourage people around us who are struggling to just
{Be Strong!!}

A friend loses a loved one...
{Be strong! That's what he/she would have wanted!}

A marriage falls apart...
{Be strong! You're going to be okay! You're better off!}

A life threatening diagnosis is given...
{Be strong! You're so much bigger than this illness!}

We're so ready to help people
{Be Strong!}
but we run faster than lightening when
we're faced with weakness.

Why?

I've decided
{in all my observing}
 it's because we don't know how to deal with our own issues,
let alone truly help someone through their's.
So now I want to ask...

What are we {as Christians} called to?

Strength?
No, quite the contrary...

2 Corinthians 12:9-
"Be he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

Psalm 34:17-
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.

2 Corinthians 13:4-
For he was crucified in weakness, but lives by the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:27-
God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong.

God wants our weakness so that He might make us strong. 
God wants our struggles so that He might lead us to victory.
God wants our troubles so that HE might walk us through them and be Glorified.

I encourage you to 
allow yourself to be 
{weak}
so that God might make you 
{STRONG}.

2 Corinthians 13:9-
For we are glad when we are weak and you are strong. Your restoration is what we pray for.

I encourage you to
seek the Lord in weakness
and allow Him to restore you. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Want to message me?

Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope

Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope
If you have found yourself on the journey of pregnancy or infant loss, I encourage you to join this blog. A community of families that know the journey well.

Followers