Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Struggling to Trust


Today has been one that has challenged me.
It has challenged
my patience
{in more ways than one}
my heart
and
my faith.

I have been challenged by my prayers
not being answered the way I've wanted them to be.
My selfishness has
{in moments}
overcome my ability to trust
that the Lord's plan is better than my own.

Today
I have found myself
so bitterly angry. 

I know that allowing ourselves
to feel all of our emotions
is a healthy part of grief
 but I'm going to be honest
{I don't like it!}

I wish my emotions would just always
come out in an
understanding
patient
and
loving way.
{yeah...not going to happen}

Today my heart broke
at the news of
some friends of ours losing their
sweet baby
Sophie Abigail.

They've been battling
through a very tough pregnancy
and
little Sophie's heart wasn't
strong enough to keep fighting. 

{cue my intense anger}
 
I've been praying
and praying
and praying
that the Lord would perform a miracle.
That Sophie would be born and that
her heart and lungs would be strong.
That she would live a long
and beautiful life
with her Mommy and Daddy.

{That's what would be best!}
{Isn't it?!}

~Proverb 19:21~
 "Many are the plans in a person’s heart, 
   but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails."

At first I struggled with this. 
What if my plans are good?
My plans don't hurt anyone.
Why can't my plans prevail?!

Then I think about all the plans
I've made that maybe weren't so
selfless and well thought out.
And in those moments how
{GLAD} 
I was that the Lord was sovereign
over my not so good plans. 

I guess I should be
just as willing to surrender
these
GOOD
plans to Him. 

~Jeremiah 29:11~
{I know I've shared this before...}
{It's just that good!}
"For I know the plans I have for you.
Plans to prosper you and NOT to harm you.
Plans for a hope and a future."

But this doesn't feel good!
I'm not prospering, 
Sophie's mommy and daddy aren't prospering...

Heartache and Deep Sorrow
don't even scratch the surface
of the feelings...

But our Lord is the Great Healer.
He is the Great Comforter.
He is the only One who truly knows our hearts.
He is faithful.

Nate, Steph, 
I pray that you would cling to the Lord. 
That He would pour out His peace on you both. 
That you would find comfort in His Word.
This is a journey that no one ever dreams of facing
and you've been thrust into it full force.
Seek His truths in it all and
allow yourselves to be weak.
Because in our weakness He is our strength.

I hope that our girls are enjoying the Lord together. 
Dancing
and
Living
full of joy. 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jessi. It brings me peace to know that my beautiful neice is with your Daphne smilimg, laughing, and dancing with our Lord. Despite your own grief I feel truly blessed that you are reaching out to our family.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Want to message me?

Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope

Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope
If you have found yourself on the journey of pregnancy or infant loss, I encourage you to join this blog. A community of families that know the journey well.

Followers