Saturday, April 7, 2012

Empty


I've written and
re-written this post
a million times
in my head.

And nothing is right. 

Nothing is enough.

Nothing makes me feel better. 
So I'm just going to go for it and see what comes out.
Here goes nothin'!

This is a day I've anticipated since 
July 27, 2011.
Since the moment I first learned
that there was a little life growing in my body
that would join us on
 April 8, 2012.

{Our Little Easter Bunny}

I've dreamed
night after night about this day. 

I've dreaded this day since
February 26, 2012.
Since the moment I first learned 
that the little life growing inside my body
{No. Longer. Had. Life.}

I've had nightmares
night after night about this day.
 
I've reached my due date.
The day that my daughter was
{supposed}
to come into our world
and give us joy 
and
fill us with even more love. 

Instead
all I'm full of is 
{EMPTINESS}

My womb
that should still be 
{full}
is instead
{EMPTY}

My arms
that should be 
{full}
are instead
{EMPTY}

The little Easter dress I bought
anticipating she'd be early
that should be 
{full}
is instead
{EMPTY}

THIS CAN'T BE REAL!
I hate that
~THIS~
this horrible nightmare
is my
{reality}

I hate that 
{DEATH}
has crushed my dreams
of being a mommy of two.

I'm hurt.
I'm angry.
I'm broken.
I'm sad.
and
I feel so very
{EMPTY}

April 8th, 2012
{Easter Sunday}

A day that has two very different
but
very important meanings to me.

The day the world celebrates
{LIFE}
I'm struggling and mourning
{death}
The day the Christian world celebrates
the resurrection of our Savior
I'm thinking about the celebration that
I don't get to have with my sweet Daphne. 

I've found myself drowning in
negative thoughts
and
grumpiness over this past week.
Everywhere I go I see
!!!!babies, babies, babies!!!!
Every stinkin' thing I see 
somehow manages to remind
me of what I've lost. 

And now
Easter is here
and my Daphne is not. 


I feel like there's no hope.
I feel like it will never be "better".
I feel like her death consumes me.

{I.FEEL.EMPTY}

But on this Easter Sunday
I know there IS hope.
I know it WILL get better.
I know Death does NOT consume me.

{why?}

Because while
my tummy is 
{empty}
&
my arms are
{empty}

{THE.TOMB.IS.EMPTY}
!!!!!!!!!

This isn't just an
ideological
"Christian" belief...

It's historical people!
Check the books!

That hole that Jesus' body was placed in after his
{DEATH}
is 
{EMPTY}

Why? How? 

Because 
He. Is. Risen.
He is alive. 
He has new life. 

And because of that truth
my heart has
{peace} 
My heart has
{joy}
My Mommy Heart has
{COMFORT}
knowing that my sweet Daphne 
is enjoying life. 
The most amazing life any of us could dream of.
Eternal life with the God of the Universe!

She's celebrating our Lord this
{Resurrection Day}
She's singing
"Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord Almighty!"
She's dancing
[with her PERFECT toes]
in praise of our God. 

My God is Alive.
and 
My Sweet, Beautiful Daphne
Is. Alive. 

She may not be here 
where I want her, 
She may not be wiggling and gurgling
and making sweet newborn cooey sounds
that I want to enjoy, 
But she's bringing a smile to the face of God.
She's with the people I love that the Lord has taken.
She's filled with joy and love and smiles.
She's filled with 
{LIFE}

What more could a mommy ask for?

I love you sweet Daphne. 
I miss you more than I'll ever be able to express.
I long for the moment I get to hold you again. 
Dance to your little heart's content.

Happy Easter Friends.
Celebrate our Savior.
Celebrate New Life. 

3 comments:

  1. Lord i lift up Jess and even to you comfort them.
    HL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Truly has encouraged me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there. My second is with Jesus too. As the hurt fades, Jesus never does!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Want to message me?

Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope

Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope
If you have found yourself on the journey of pregnancy or infant loss, I encourage you to join this blog. A community of families that know the journey well.

Followers