Friday, March 25, 2011

Decisions...

"No sensible decision can be made any longer without taking into account not only the world as it is, but the world as it will be. . .." - Asimov


I hate making decisions. 

I can't make a decision without affecting everyone around me. 
My decisions affect my husband, my daughter, my family, my friends... you get it. 

That's a lot of pressure! 

How will my choices affect my immediate lifestyle?
How will my choices affect how my life is in 10 years?
I want to do what's best for my family, and right now, that could mean a few things. 
I love being home with my sweet baby girl. She makes my heart smile everyday
{in spite of the crankiness and tantrums} 
And my heart is heavy with a conviction to be home and nurturing my children {eventually there will be more :)}
But I also know that, financially, staying home isn't a feasible reality. 

How do I decide to give up on the calling that I feel the Lord has placed in my life, for money?
   -and in the same breath-
How do I -selfishly- chose to stay home knowing that I could be contributing to our livelihood?
I'm so glad, in moments like these, that God is sovereign and I am not. 

I know that "He knows the plans He has for us." - and for that I praise Him.

I know that all things that happen in this crazy life are for His Glory and Our Good. 

So my prayer for now is that I could rest in the mystery of all the things I don't understand. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Want to message me?

Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope

Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope
If you have found yourself on the journey of pregnancy or infant loss, I encourage you to join this blog. A community of families that know the journey well.

Followers