Monday, October 1, 2012

October

October is
(along with other "awareness'")
Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month


To start off the month I want to share this poem.

I really don't have anything else to say tonight
{shocking, I'm sure}

so I'll just leave you with this.
I will share more this month,
but tonight, 
just this.

A simple reminder that
these shoes are on far too many feet not to be talked about.



THESE SHOES

I wear a pair of shoes
They are ugly shoes
Uncomfortable shoes
I hate my shoes

Each day I wear them and each day I wish I had another pair
Some days my shoes hurt so bad that I do not think I can take another step
Yet, I continue to wear them

I get funny looks wearing these shoes
They are looks of sympathy
I can tell in others eyes that they are glad they are my shoes and not theirs
They never talk about my shoes

To learn how awful my shoes are might make them uncomfortable
To truly understand these shoes you must walk in them
But, once you put them on, you can never take them off
I now realize I am not the only one who wears these shoes

There are many pairs in this world
Some women are like me and ache daily as they try and walk in them
Some have learned how to walk in them so they don't hurt quite as much
Some have worn the shoes so long that days will go by before they think about how much they hurt

No woman deserves to wear these shoes
They have made me who I am
I will forever walk in the shoes of a woman who has lost a child

-Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. I think that this right here just shows how strong you are. I think that you give other people that may have lost a child or even just going through a hard time in there life something to look forward to with reading your blogs and also someone that they can look up to because you share a lot in these and you are just proof that anyone can get through anything with their faith in god. I really admire you and I am just thankful that I get to read these blogs and that you share your thoughts and feelings with everyone who reads. Thank you so much and god bless(:<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, no woman should ever have to walk in those shoes. So sorry honey.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Want to message me?

Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope

Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope
If you have found yourself on the journey of pregnancy or infant loss, I encourage you to join this blog. A community of families that know the journey well.

Followers